AA Locums

Contact us

+44 (0) 208 099 6947

What do I need to do to work as a locum doctor in the UK?

To work as a locum in the UK you will need full registration with the General Medical Council with license to practice and hold a right to work in the UK. Our sister agency Holt Doctors specialises in recruiting locum doctors in the UK and is one of the leading recruiters for the NHS - you may be referred to their team depending on your requirements. If you are yet to obtain a right to work, you may still be eligible for permanent work as a doctor in the UK and our team will be able to advise you on how best to proceed.

Our registration process is quick and easy – contact us now and with access to a few of your documents, we can have you working in no time at all.

  • Current CV – Please include as much information as possible regarding your recent posts, filling in any gaps.
  • Names and contact details of 2 referees supporting the grade and specialty you wish to work at, where possible from your most recent substantive
  • Copies of Higher Qualification Certificates and ATLS/PALS/ALS certificates.
  • A copy of your General Medical or General Dental Council Certificate (GMC/GDC) or registration number. If you are not registered please visit their website at 
  • www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/index.asp
  • Evidence of health checks and immunisation for:
  • Hepatitis B
  • Hepatitis C and HIV if performing Exposure Prone Procedures (EPPs)
  • Rubella
  • Mumps
  • BCG
  • Varicella
  • Measles
  • UK DBS enhanced disclosure dated within the last 12 months. If you are new to working in the UK, we will need a copy of a Police check dated within 3 months.
  • Copy of passport and Visa Stamp.
Any queries relating to our registration requirements for locums, simply call 0208 099 6947 or email info@medicinternational.co.uk
Holt Doctors Ltd

Part of Holt Doctors Ltd - listed on all the national supplier frameworks, a leading
provider of locum and permanant doctors to NHS Trusts and the private sector.