AA Locums

Contact us

+44 (0) 208 099 6947


There are numerous visa types available through the UK Border Agency (UKBA) although the Tier 2 Visa is the one most likely to be relevant for doctors wishing to work in the United Kingdom.

Tier 2 visas can be extended to spouse and family members and this will be discussed with you if appropriate. We use the services of an approved immigration advisory company and they will be able to assist you with the collation and processing of your visa documentation. There is no charge for this service; you will just be required to pay the actual Visa charge. This varies by country. If your requirement for Visas is over and above the ‘norm’, then there may be an additional charge to assist you with the processing. The company providing this service reserves the right to refuse to process an application if it feels it is ‘excessive’.
For more information please click here.

For full information regarding the different types of visa please see the main UKBA site

Immigration health surcharge
It is also worth noting that since The Immigration Act 2014 an immigration health surcharge is required.
The additional payments are as follows:
  • £150 per year as a student, eg £300 for a 2-year visa
  • £200 per year for all other visa and immigration applications, eg £1,000 for a 5-year visa (dependants usually need to pay the same amount as you).
For more information on when you need to pay and how to pay, please click here.
Holt Doctors Ltd

Part of Holt Doctors Ltd - listed on all the national supplier frameworks, a leading
provider of locum and permanant doctors to NHS Trusts and the private sector.