Terms and Conditions
Information about us
www.medicinternational.co.uk is a site operated by Holt Doctors Ltd trading as Medic International ("Medic International). The company is registered in England and Wales under registration number 06832618 and its registered office is 4th floor, 1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1FJ.
Medic International is a member of REC, the professional body for the recruitment industry (www.rec.co.uk).
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this site.
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, services, tools or information that Medic International makes available through the site now or in the future.
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that Medic International makes available through the website now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, email links, live chat facilities and message boards.
Accessing our site and availability
The Service is provided ”as is” and on an “as available” basis. Medic International aims to update the site regularly and reserves the right, without notice, to alter, update, withdraw, suspend, amend or discontinue any part (or the whole) of the site including, but not limited to, the products and/or services available.
Medic International makes no warranty or representation that the website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate or up to date.
No part of Medic International’s site is intended to constitute legal, professional or other advice and the content of the site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
No part of this site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. No goods and/or services are being sold through this site and product and/or service details are provided for information purposes only.
Whilst Medic International uses reasonable endeavours to make sure the site is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all persons accessing the site are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers or other devices used to access the site.
Intellectual property rights
All material, including that on the site, is protected by UK and international copyright and intellectual property laws. This includes, but is not limited to, graphics, images, icons, text and software and is the property of Medic International or its content providers. Unauthorised use of the material is prohibited, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication, and may not be used without prior consent, or where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s).
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Limitation of liability
Medic International accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the site.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Medic International expressly excludes liability for:
- any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- This does not affect Medic International’s liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor Medic International’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from/to Medic International’s site
Those wishing to place a link to the Medic International’s site may do so having requested and been granted permission.
Use of communication facilities
When using the enquiry form or other System on the site you should do in accordance with the following:
- You must not submit content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable – this includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, obscene, defamatory, racist, ageist or sexist.
- You must not submit content that is intended to promote or incite violence.
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language.
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Medic International; and the means you use to identify yourself must not violate any applicable laws or these terms and conditions.
- You must not use Medic International’s System for unauthorised mass communication such as spam or junk mail.
- In order to use the enquiry form and any other communication facility on the site (now or added in the future), you are required to submit certain personal details and, by continuing to use this site, you represent and warrant that any information submitted is truthful and accurate and that you will keep such information accurate and up to date.
You acknowledge that Medic International may retain copies of any and all communications made to Medic International or through using Medic International’s System.
You acknowledge that any information sent to Medic International through our System maybe modified by Medic International in any way and you waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us in advance and we reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
In the event that any party to these terms fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this site.
Thank you for visiting Medic International’s site.